This course is ideal for all employees who have to face the possibility of angry, aggressive or de-manding customers or service users.
This course is ideal for all employees who have to face the possibility of angry, aggressive or demanding customers or service users.
The course raises the delegates understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to either calming or escalating the confrontation. During the training, participants learn and practice key skills to build their confidence to maintain composure whilst de-escalating customer conflict.
Course Benefits: By the end of this conflict management training course participants will be better able to:
• Identify the key components present in all angry confrontations
• Recognise different stages of conflict escalation
• Recognise the signs of conflict and aggression
• Maintain composure when responding to conflict and aggression
• Use skills to manage their words, phrases and body language
• Demonstrate skills to stay calm and manage angry customer behaviour
The conflict management training course content is tailored to your organisation.
Key content includes:
Background to conflict:
• Triggers to aggressive behaviour
• Understanding customers’ needs when they are angry
• Stages of conflict escalation
• How our safety can be compromised
• Reading signs and symptoms of aggression
• Managing conflict 'flashpoints'
• Understanding our natural response to conflict
• Understanding the impact of ‘red rag’ words and phrases
• Managing our body language during conflict
• Staying calm and managing our own responses
• Structuring and controlling the conversation
• Listening and calming the situation
• Acknowledging difficulties and customer emotions
• Managing unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental illness, etc.)
• Saying ‘No’ effectively
• Handling abusive behaviour
• Solving the problem
If you would like more information about Conflict Management Training or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 08001930246 or email us at email@example.com
Complete the form below for more information about this course